View Full Version : How to generate .sln/.vcproj using qmake

stas
26th February 2010, 09:46
Hi!

I have main.cpp in c:\test folder and do the following:

qmake -project
qmake -tp vc test.pro

The answer is:

WARNING: Unable to generate output for: C:/test//Makefile.Debug [TEMPLATE vcapp]
WARNING: Unable to generate output for: C:/test//Makefile.Release [TEMPLATE vcapp]

But, I don't need make files. I need .vcproj!

Environment: Windows XP Pro SP3, MSVC 7.1 and 8.0. Qt is installed in C:\Qt\2010.02 (LGPL version). Commands are run from Qt Command Prompt.

What's wrong with it? How to generate .sln/.vcproj? May I generate them for MSVC 7.1 and 8.0?

Thanks

lukass
26th February 2010, 10:42
Environment: Windows XP Pro SP3, MSVC 7.1 and 8.0. Qt is installed in C:\Qt\2010.02 (LGPL version). Commands are run from Qt Command Prompt.

What's wrong with it? How to generate .sln/.vcproj? May I generate them for MSVC 7.1 and 8.0?

First, be sure you have this Qt package: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.6.2-vs2008.exe

I have main.cpp in c:\test folder and do the following:

qmake -project
qmake -tp vc test.pro

With qmake, you only do:

qmake -tp vc test.pro

stas
26th February 2010, 16:03
First, be sure you have this Qt package: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.6.2-vs2008.exe

Yes, you are right, I used MinGW bundle. Now, I've downloaded Qt sources, built them with MSVC 2005 using:

configure -static -debug-and-release -opensource -platform win32-msvc
nmake

But

qmake -tp vc test.pro
generates .dsp, not .vcproj. Is it even possible to generate .vcproj that is native for MSVC 2005???

Thanks a lot

aamer4yu
26th February 2010, 17:50
Did you make the .pro first using
qmake -project ?

These 2 does work for me always -
qmake -project
qmake -tp vc

squidge
26th February 2010, 18:51
generates .dsp, not .vcproj. Is it even possible to generate .vcproj that is native for MSVC 2005???
The easiest way is to launch MSVC, then goto "Qt" menu and select "Open .pro file". It'll create the native files for you then.