PDA

View Full Version : Qt SDK lib template - Windows vs Linux

derek_ou
27th February 2010, 00:27
Hi,

I build some plugin projects on Qt SDK (4.6.2) for Windows and for X11 (on Ubuntu). And I observed some inconsistent behaviors between them.

1) lib template target name
Using the lib template, Qt for windows builds the driver as $TARGET.dll but Qt for Linux builds the driver as lib$TARGET.dll. This cause problems in my plugin list management database since the plugin list is not platform dependent. Can I modify the lib template so that it will remove the prefix "lib" from the resulted driver?

2) lib template library
Using the lib template, Qt for windows builds both *.a and *.dll while Qt for Linux builds only *.so. Is this intended?

3) lib template target path
Using the lib template, Qt for windows automatically creates a debug sub-folder for debug build and release sub-folder for release build. However, Qt for Linux only puts the file in the same folder as the Makefile, which cause problems when building both debug and release versions with build_all CONFIG. I can modify the project file with different DESTDIR for different debug/release CONFIG. But this is really an ugly change. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Derek