PDA

View Full Version : Mixing static and dynamic Qt builds.

End
2nd March 2010, 09:11
Hi,

I have just finished compiling Qt dynamically, everything works fine. I would like to do a static compile (configure -static), but I need to keep the dynamic build. Is it possible to have two separate folders with static and dynamic Qt and switch between them whenever you want? I assume there could be conflicts with the environmental variables (PATH and QTDIR), also I’m afraid MOC will malfunction, so I haven’t tried yet. Any tips and wisdom on this subject are appreciated!

By the way, I'm using VS 2008 on Windows Vista, theres quite allot of tutorials on mixing static and dynamic with the g++ compiler, I assume the proccess could be different for msvc2008.

BenPa
2nd March 2010, 09:25
You can use different folders with Visual Studio easily if you use the VS AddIn for Visual Studio.
The AddIn manages the switching for you (it doesn't use the PATH variable).

Attention: To use the VS AddIn you must run Visual Studio as administrator..

End
2nd March 2010, 18:31
You can use different folders with Visual Studio easily if you use the VS AddIn for Visual Studio.
The AddIn manages the switching for you (it doesn't use the PATH variable).

Attention: To use the VS AddIn you must run Visual Studio as administrator..

Thanks for the information. I have downloaded the VS AddIn, compiling static Qt right now. I hope everything works :)

BenPa
2nd March 2010, 22:04
Don't forget to use seperate folders to avoid problems (e. g. qt-everywhere-4.6.1-static and qt-everywhere-4.6.1-shared). You can setup both folders in the options of the AddIn (there should be a new button in the toolbar..