PDA

View Full Version : Complete newbie with programming and Qt

Jacob
6th March 2010, 04:16
Well, not exactly a complete newbie I've been doing it for about 5-7 days. And I've successful created the Address Book tutorial in Qt4.

I understand all but a couple of the ?syntax? (please excuse my ignorance regarding the proper names of code).

I used the tutorial to make the address book...created some different buttons and such(all working exact I might add:cool:)
I'm trying to make it more user friendly...So my mom can use it basically.
At any rate, what I'm currently trying to figure out is...
Situation
--I submit some names in the address book, then when I click find...it goes to my find dialog m_ui.
When I try to find the name that I am searching for I have to type it in exactly(what I mean by exactly is its Case Sensitive).
If I submitted "Jacob", I would like to be able to find the name like this...Jacob or jacob or JACOB or JaCoB/ anything in between, as long as I have the letters in there

Also, is it possible to stop the findContact from looking at the spaces also...I had one that I put a space at the end of the name, and couldn't find it because of the space after the name.

Jacob
6th March 2010, 06:26
Well after some more reading i think i found what I need...

under Qt Help

Go to
Qt 4.6: QComboBox Class Rerence
I think this is what I need to put in the location of the lineEdit on my Find Dialog Ui. This should allow me to set up the submitted names to the comboBox.

I will let yall know how it comes!