PDA

View Full Version : customising the qfledialog box in qt4.5.2

netfanatic
8th March 2010, 10:49
hi everyone ,

i am trying to customize the qfiledialog box [Qt 4.5.2]due to the following reason :

1. i am expexcting the following functionality from qfiledialogbox : after i enter a directory name in the file name option . If the
directory is present then the qfiledialog should navigate to the that particular directory and should also clear the directory name from the
file name option . [This works if i use the option existingfiles ] :rolleyes:

2.However after navigating inside that directory if i try to create a new file by by entering the file name then the save option gets disabled [option : existingfiles ]. This is the problem . i also wish to save the new files with the functionality as mentioned in option 1 intact .:confused::mad::

Can some one plz suggest a possible way out of this problem . Also if some can suggest how to customise the qfiledialogbox using the source code or anyother way then it will be very helpful . Kindly do quote an example " ie with valid sample code "

Thanx in advance !!!! :)

netfanatic
8th March 2010, 14:00
some one plz reply to this query ...its urgent ........

netfanatic
9th March 2010, 06:37
its my humble request to all to contribute something to this query ...........

boudie
9th March 2010, 07:50
I'm not sure if I understand your problem, but if the QFileDialog doesn't behave as expected on the platform you're using (Linux, I guess), then maybe you are trying to do something that should be done in some other way.
Maybe you can let the user select a default -allready existing- directory and after that give a filename to write to.

This could also be impemented as a custom dialog with a treeview filled with directories and a textedit to give a filename.

I hope this is of any help as I understand you are getting a little desperate... ;)

netfanatic
9th March 2010, 11:06
could u plz classify with the help of an example ...........thanx in advance !!!