PDA

View Full Version : How to on Ubuntu?

prchakal
9th March 2010, 10:56
Hi,

Im new to QT and i have some difficult to find on Google some answers.

1 - I develop an application to my customer, how i can execute this application without by command line on terminal? How to start a QT application on terminal?

2 - What the best method to distribute our QT application? Im use Ubuntu, so QT have some way to distribute it?

3 - How to develop application to Nokia (n95) on Ubuntu? Its possible with QT Creator? you have a tutorial to start?

4 - QT Jambi run on windows / linux / mac without nothing? Only the java application is necessary? Or need some lib installed on each system?

Thanks and sorry for some questions :(

prchakal
9th March 2010, 23:47
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

Item 1 - I solve testing here. Only need execute the file with ./<app_name>

Item 2 - Not solved. What i have to distribute with my QT app? What library is required to install and where download only the required library?

Item 3 - Not possible :(

Item 4 - Qt Jambi is discontinued :(

prchakal
9th March 2010, 23:50
I have more on question.

Item 5 - If i make an application with QT i have to distribute my code with it? I can develop and sell my application without the source-code? How this process work? Because i dont understand that license restrictions.

Lykurg
10th March 2010, 07:11
2) Use the deb format. There you can add requirements like Qt. But then you cant use the newest version since the distros are some versions behind. (Or you bundle the libraries along the deb, which is also possible.)
3) it is possible: http://lizardo.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/running-qt-for-s60-sdk-on-linux/
5) If you don't want to make your code public, buy a commercial license or use the LGPL. (If you don't understand the licenses, contact a lawyer of your country, since the text is interpreted different by the legal system of different countries. Or see the various infos on the forum or the web...)

And you are talking about Qt and not QT!