PDA

View Full Version : Inherited Palette Problem

zgulser
9th March 2010, 13:06
Hi,

I have widgets one inside another. The problem is the child widget inherits all the palette of its parent. How can I get rid of using the inherited palette? And how can I perform this using the designer?

Actually, my problem is about styling list widget. Once list widget owns a parent, I can't move the scroll bar of the list widget up! Please check out the ui file I attached.

Thanks.

toutarrive
9th March 2010, 14:02
Why do you put listwidget_2 in a different QWidget?
Wouldn't it be better to have the same parent for every single widgets added?

zgulser
9th March 2010, 14:11
I put widgets sometimes inside another to ease the modularity and organization of them. No any reason.

But anyway, have you got a solution or idea regarding the situation above?

toutarrive
9th March 2010, 14:30
Try to make your design simplier.

zgulser
9th March 2010, 14:38
Thank you for your suggestion but I think my design is not that complicated. There should be something in qt to prevent inheriting parents style that I haven't found yet.

toutarrive
9th March 2010, 14:48
Simplifies it to see if the error occurs again.

Once list widget owns a parent, I can't move the scroll bar of the list widget up
By the way i am able to move both scrollbars.

zgulser
10th March 2010, 08:06
I'm able to move the scroll bar of the list widget up and down as well but only with mouse scroll.

The real problem is - the scroll bar grabs the mouse press but only moves downward when I drag the scroll bar up or down by mouse press.

Catch that?

zgulser
10th March 2010, 11:09
By the way,

the reason could not be related with only QPalette. Style sheet also can be affecting it. Thus, it is useful to say that my real concern is - not to inherit any style of the parent widget.