PDA

View Full Version : Can I create a release version of my app from QtCreator?

feraudyh
10th March 2010, 22:08
Like so many aspects of QtCreator this does not seem to be documented.
One funny aspect of QtCreator is that there is in the Compile Menu an item (which I translate from the French) which must go as
"define the compilation comfigration" This leads on my PC to a ticked Debug, and no amount of clicking will remove the tick.
So this seems to be for informational purposes only or it's a bug.

Lykurg
10th March 2010, 22:14
Salut,

on the left bar you have a button called projects. In there you can define how your application should be build, executed etc. By a long press on the bottom located buttons "run" and "debug" you can choose the configuration which should be run.

EDIT: or there:

feraudyh
11th March 2010, 19:22
Salut,
From your screenshot you have a choice of Debug or Release.
I don't get such a choice, but this might be due to the fact that my QtCreator is 1.30 based on Qt 4.6.
I'm going to download the latest version and then complain if I get the same problem.
Henri

norobro
11th March 2010, 20:03
Howdy ;)

I had this problem in reverse: needed a debug version and my only choice was release.

I found this solution somewhere, maybe on here, can't find the source right now.

Make sure the project isn't open in Qt Creator
Delete the yourProjectName.pro.user file in your project directory.
In Qt Creator do File->Open File or Project->yourProjectName.pro
In the "Import existing build settings" window uncheck Import existing build settings.

There's probably a simpler solution, but I couldn't find one.

feraudyh
14th March 2010, 10:27
Thankyou, I'll try it out.

norobro
15th March 2010, 03:25
You're welcome. I downloaded Qt Creator 2.0 from here (http://qt.nokia.com/developer/qt-qtcreator-prerelease) and they seem to have fixed our problem in this release. FYI I'm using it with Qt 4.6.0 and haven't had any problems, yet.