PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.6.2 with VS2005

Leolander
11th March 2010, 04:25
Hi,

I am trying to use Qt 4.6.2 with vs2005, I have run configure and nmake, everything seems fine. However, I am not able to use the phonon libraries, it seems that the phonon libraries are not being built. It can't seem to find the phonond4.lib. May I know how to resolve this problem, am I missing out a step here?
Thanks

Regards,
Leo

aamer4yu
11th March 2010, 05:14
Did you have Windows platform SDK and DirectX SDK installed ?
Without that the phonon libraries wont be built. Also you will need to set the paths for both sdks... you can find in .bat files from those sdk's.

Leolander
12th March 2010, 06:47
Did you have Windows platform SDK and DirectX SDK installed ?
Without that the phonon libraries wont be built. Also you will need to set the paths for both sdks... you can find in .bat files from those sdk's.

Hi,

I will get these 2 sdks installed, but how do I set the paths?

Regards,
Leo

aamer4yu
12th March 2010, 06:54
Include these before running configure.exe -

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2008)\Utilities\Bin\dx_setenv.cmd"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\setenv.cmd"

I usually follow the above rule.

Leolander
15th March 2010, 03:05
Include these before running configure.exe -

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2008)\Utilities\Bin\dx_setenv.cmd"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\setenv.cmd"

I usually follow the above rule.

Hi,

I am a bit of a newbie, may I know how and where to include these paths.

Regards,
Leo

aamer4yu
15th March 2010, 07:34
When you have the directX and platform SDK installed, you will see those paths on your system. I just gave the paths which were on my system.
And I guess you aint a newbie to search your computer for those files :rolleyes: ;)

Leolander
16th March 2010, 02:27
When you have the directX and platform SDK installed, you will see those paths on your system. I just gave the paths which were on my system.
And I guess you aint a newbie to search your computer for those files :rolleyes: ;)

Hi,

I managed to find those files, however, you mentioned to include it before running configure. How do I include it? Is it as an environment variable or as.......?

Regards,
Leo

aamer4yu
16th March 2010, 05:38
I guess you run configure from command prompt ?
From command prompt, you need to just call those batch files..
for eg - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" and press enter.
These batch files will set the environment accordingly.
Psst : Open those files in notepad and see what they do,,, if you are curious enough :)

Leolander
18th March 2010, 04:18
Hi,

Thanks for the help, it finally works. I tried using the windows sdk 2008 at first but it can't work, then I found the one which is the same as the path specified, it works. Thanks again

Regards,
Leo