PDA

View Full Version : How to view QT source code? -- QT + Eclipse Integration

TheNewGuy
12th March 2010, 01:02
I am running linux. I have downloaded and compiled QT 4.6.2. It has been installedin /usr/local/Trolltech/QT-4.6.2/.

Now, when I create a project, I can do something like this:

QWebView

I can click on the symbol and it will direct me to the QWebView header file. However, I can ONLY see function definitions for QT source code. I cannot see any of the actual function implementations (the .cpp file for said header file).

Previously, on windows, I had the same setup except I could view the .cpp for the QT source. How do I view such files now? Why are there only header files?

TheNewGuy
12th March 2010, 20:57
I cannot be the only one who views the QT source code. Can someone please tell me why only the header files are there?

squidge
12th March 2010, 21:25
Only the header files are there because you only have those installed (you only need the header files and libraries to develop Qt applications, after all).

You can of course download the source code from Nokia's website and store it wherever you see fit, or find the package which has the source code.

It's a disk-space saving reason. A lot of other apps only install the header files and libraries too. The source code is typically in another package.