PDA

View Full Version : Design question.

RurouniJones
14th March 2010, 07:40
Hello everyone.

I have a question on how you would go about designing a widget to perform the following function.

I have a Nokia N900 which I want to use for practicing Japanese Kanji with the Stylus. To do this I need a widget which will display the kanji and also let me draw on it. (Like tracing paper).

I originally thought That I could use a widget subclassed from QGraphicsView associated with a QGraphicsScene. A QGraphicsSimpleText holds the Kanji and I paint on the subclassed QGraphicsView widget.

I am having problems with this approach but before I start asking about my particular problem I was wondering if using QGraphicsView is the right way to go about this.

Obviously I am total beginner with Qt (And it has been a long time since I did c++) so any advice would be very useful (Using different widgets?).

Regards,

RJ

wysota
14th March 2010, 08:51
It's fine to use QGraphicsView but it might be an overkill if all you want to do is to display a glyph and paint over it. See the Scribble example that comes with Qt - you can do it like this too.

RurouniJones
14th March 2010, 15:16
Thank you for that; I found the scribble program just before I came back and read your post and wondered if that was a better way.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.