PDA

View Full Version : hey i need some in guidance to complete my project

saranyabahala
14th March 2010, 16:35
hello sir/madam
I use qt 4.4.1 and my project is based on sending and receiving data through an rs232 port... can someone please help me to order to this code ... i need you to send an email of the code or if u can give me ur contact details i'll contact you .... please its urget as i'll have to finish my proect in just a week..... please help me ...... thank you

saranya

squidge
14th March 2010, 17:06
You do realise thats kinda rude? We don't mind offering help, but expecting us to write code for you is just wrong (unless your offering payment, in which case, wrong forum).

May I suggest the Jobs forum?

If you want to do it yourself, have you looked at QextSerialPort ?

prof.ebral
15th March 2010, 11:34
You do realise thats kinda rude?

100% agree. Espcially since this sounds like it's for school .. asking for help on where to study is alright by me.

I think fatjuicymole pointed you in the right direction, but I think you should also subscribe to the forum since it is so important.

If you need to get down and dirty and do you own from scratch work, then I would point you to QAccessible: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qaccessible.html (Qt 4.6)

I'm on a Linux System, so after reading some docs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface_Bus, I would say that QAccessible is the perfect start.

Qt supports Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA), Mac OS X Accessibility, and the Unix/X11 AT-SPI standard. Other backends can be supported using QAccessibleBridge.

SPI is used to talk to a variety of peripherals, such as:
# Communications: Ethernet, USB, USART, CAN, IEEE 802.15.4, IEEE 802.11

wysota
15th March 2010, 12:06
We have a policy against solving one's school projects. Ask for specific help and you will be given specific answers. I'm removing the email address from your post. In future please don't provide one unless you really like receiving spam to your mailbox. We're protecting privacy of our users but we can't do so if you give spammers your mail address on a silver platter.