PDA

View Full Version : configure??? qt 4.6.2

QT-embedded
16th March 2010, 10:15
I am beginer in QT. I have got the QT 4.6.2.

I can use ./configure -embedded and it works fine. but when I use ./configure I get the following error.

Basic XLib functionality test failed!
You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing QMAKE_INCDIR_X11 and QMAKE_LIBDIR_X11 in /opt/qtsdk-2010-02/qt mkspecs/linux-g++

how can I remove this error?

if I use gmake or make command then I get following error.

gmake[1]: ***[../../lib/libQtCore.so.4.6.2] Error 1
gmake[1] Leaving directory '/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib
gmake: ***[sub-corelib-make_default-ordered

What should I do to solve this problems

shihao
16th March 2010, 10:25
I think you should install X11 on it.

yum install libX*

Thanks and Regards
Shi Hao

QT-embedded
16th March 2010, 11:04
Thanks. In my host computer I have complete linux (fedora) so I think I already have X11 installed however how can I check it?
I checked it using find command but please let me know if I need to do anything else to link these two.

nix
16th March 2010, 14:18
You need to install devel package for x in order to build Qt for X11. Look for a package name libX*-devel with yum, this package will provide you headers and libs missing for the configure cmd.

Good luck.

QT-embedded
17th March 2010, 06:20
Great...Thanks for your help

I did yum install libX*-devel and now good to see that ./cofigure works fine.

but when I run gmake it still givess same following error??

ed/moc_qhistorystate.o .obj/release-shared/moc_qabstracttransition.o .obj/release-shared/moc_qsignaltransition.o .obj/release-shared/moc_qeventtransition.o -L/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/lib -lpthread -lz -lm -ldl -lrt
.obj/release-shared/qthread_unix.o: In function `QThreadPrivate::createEventDispatcher(QThreadData *)':
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib/thread/qthread_unix.cpp:200: undefined reference to `QEventDispatcherGlib::QEventDispatcherGlib(QObjec t*)'
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib/thread/qthread_unix.cpp:197: undefined reference to `QEventDispatcherGlib::versionSupported()'
.obj/release-shared/qcoreapplication.o: In function `QCoreApplicationPrivate::createEventDispatcher()' :
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:316: undefined reference to `QEventDispatcherGlib::QEventDispatcherGlib(QObjec t*)'
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:315: undefined reference to `QEventDispatcherGlib::versionSupported()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [../../lib/libQtCore.so.4.6.2] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/src/corelib'
gmake: *** [sub-corelib-make_default-ordered] Error 2

What should I do to solve this error?

shihao
17th March 2010, 06:28
Which version you download, qt embedded linux, or qt X11? Maybe you can try 'make' instead of 'gmake'?

QT-embedded
17th March 2010, 06:57
I have downloaded QT Linux/X11 from the website.

I tried 'make' command also but it also gave me the same error.

QT-embedded
18th March 2010, 06:12
Hi please, let me know if you have any idea about this. Or what else can I try for it?
Why do I get such error during make?

shihao
18th March 2010, 06:59
Sorry that I am using QT embedded all the time, in my case after I install x11, everthing goes fine already.
I am also new user to QT, maybe someone else able to help you.

norobro
18th March 2010, 14:38
Maybe this will help:

To build Qt from its source code, you will also need to install the development packages for these libraries for your system.

From here: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/requirements-x11.html#qtgui-dependencies