PDA

View Full Version : PyQt installation problem. Really a Qt problem?

hureka
16th March 2010, 22:58
Hi all,

I have some problems making PyQt work on Snow Leopard (10.6.2). I’m quite new to a lot of this, so I hope someone can help me out

I’m using:
Python 2.6.4
Sip-4.10
PyQt-mac-gpl-4.7 (not installed succesfully)
qt-mac-cocoa-opensource-4.6.2

Other QT verions did not work (error: Failed to determine the layout of your Qt installation when trying to configure PyQt)

I am stuck on an error when trying to configure PyQt:

Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
sip: Usage: sip [-h] [-V] [-a file] [-c dir] [-d file] [-e] [-g] [-I dir] [-j #] [-k] [-m file] [-o] [-p module] [-r] [-s suffix] [-t tag] [-w] [-x feature] [-z file] [file]
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

Ive tried to rebuild sip using -arch i386 as well, but I’m not sure if it is sip causing this…
Can it be a problem of the Qt install, or is sip or the configure.py file causing the trouble?

I’ve tried configuring PyQt using "python configure.py -q /usr/bin/qmake -d /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/"

Could compiling the Qt installation work instead of using a binary install?
When browsing ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/ for source versions, I could’nt find the mac version src for 4.6.x… Perhaps someone could point me to the correct source to use for 4.6.x and higher?

Any hints and tips is appreciated!

prof.ebral
17th March 2010, 07:44
Do you have the sip-devel package? If not, get it.

hureka
18th March 2010, 00:18
Do you have the sip-devel package? If not, get it.

Thanks for your reply prof.ebral. I am however not sure what you mean... Searching around for sip-devel(opment) package did not make me any wiser...Where can I aquire this package? I have downloaded sip 4.10 from http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/sip/download and installed it using "python configure.py ; make ; sudo make install", but I assume that is not what you mean...

thanks again