PDA

View Full Version : Regarding QS60MainApplication and other classes

girishgowda
19th March 2010, 10:01
Hi All,

I was going through the Qt code base and found the classes Qs60MainXXX classes for application, document and appUI under the gui\S60Framework folder.
When I read the class description it tells these classes can be used to port the older S60 Application to Qt Applications and through this class the Qt framework would be made available.

First I would like to know if it is just enough to change my application as CMyApplication :: public Qs60MainApplication and the document and appUI also. With this will I be able to directly use QWidget or Qt components in my S60 Application - here I think I need not create a QApplication and call qApp.exec().

If this is not the case, then there will be two applications that would be started - the S60 Application and also QApplication. This would mean application launching will be more time consuming and also there will be two event handling loops.
Also one more thing is that when the qApp.exec() is called the application will wait for events and this may become a infinite loop, so where should teh QApplication be really started.

Please suggest/teach on this.

Regards
Girish

girishgowda
1st July 2010, 09:37
For those who are working on Qt for Symbian, I observed that when we create a QApplicatin - internally there is a S60 environment created.
That is a S60 application, document and AppUi will be created. The classes Qs60MainXXX are being used for this purpose.