PDA

View Full Version : QState: how to add and/or remove properties added with QState::assignProperty?

breezeight
22nd March 2010, 16:29
Hi,
If I want to know which properties are added with:

void QState::assignProperty ( QObject * object, const char * name, const QVariant & value )

Currently (qt 4.6.2) I've not found how to do it.

Some times could be useful also remove them...

Any idea?

Nicola

bmhautz
22nd March 2010, 18:32
I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but here's an example of using properties with the state machine framework: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.6/statemachine-api.html#using-restore-policy-to-automatically-restore-properties. As far as removing them, it doesn't seem like there is an API to specifically remove properties, but you could take a look at the restore properties section listed in the above documentation.

JohannesMunk
24th March 2010, 17:03
I think he wants to edit the list of properties that a specific state sets.

A quick look into QState.cpp reveals, that the list of properties to be set is stored in the private object. As far as I can see, there are no other access-members to d->propertyAssignments.

void QState::assignProperty(QObject *object, const char *name,
const QVariant &value)
{
Q_D(QState);
if (!object) {
qWarning("QState::assignProperty: cannot assign property '%s' of null object", name);
return;
}
for (int i = 0; i < d->propertyAssignments.size(); ++i) {
QPropertyAssignment &assn = d->propertyAssignments[i];
if ((assn.object == object) && (assn.propertyName == name)) {
assn.value = value;
return;
}
}
d->propertyAssignments.append(QPropertyAssignment(obj ect, name, value));
}

Why don't you create a new state and replace the old one instead of trying to change it?

Johannes

breezeight
25th March 2010, 09:52
Yes It's what I mean. I could replace a state but I had to restore also all the transitions... a lot of work. But it seem the only way to do what I need, thank you!
Nicola

wysota
25th March 2010, 10:32
To me it seems that if you wish to change the properties for a particular state in reality the new set of properties and the old one correspond to two different states. You can make a state with two substates each holding a different set of property values and decide which substate will be entered when the parent state is entered based on which set of properties you want to consider "active".