PDA

View Full Version : OS X 10.6 manual uninstall + reinstall

hureka
22nd March 2010, 23:38
Hi all,

I have some problems with uninstalling and reinstalling Qt on OS X 10.6.2. I first installed, from source, Qt 4.6.2 successfully. I realized that I had excluded some libs that I needed, so I decided to reinstall it. Since I couldn't find a uninstall script, like the one that comes with the binary install, I decided to just delete the usr/local/Trolltech/ folder and then reconfigure and rebuild Qt. However, the rebuilding does not work at all. When trying to 'make sub-tools' (I don't want demos+examples) I get an error that the makefile for Qt Core is not there. It turns out, I think, that the system still thinks Qt is installed and in the Qt build dir/lib/QtCore.la it says:

# Is this an already installed library.
installed=yes

Same goes for other libs .la files, but I'm not sure if that is relevant.

I've tried to install + uninstall with script the binary of the same Qt version, but I guess since directories (and possibly more?) are different that didn't work.

So my question is, how can I COMPLETELY uninstall Qt manually on OS X when compiled from source, other than just deleting (with rm -rf if I remember right) the /usr/local/Trolltech dir. ? Or is there a way to force Qt to reinstall everything?
I've been searching all day for a solution, so I really hope someone can help me on this.

I use now:
./configure -arch x86 -no-javascript-jit -no-webkit -no-qt3support -opensource
make sub-tools
sudo make install

to save space and time.

Thank you for your time
hureka