PDA

View Full Version : Designer plugin crashes when opening *.ui

dimm0n
24th March 2010, 10:29
Hello there,

I've been searching the internet, but a similar problem is never to be found. Perhaps you could give some advice?

So here is what is going on: when I try to open a *.ui file in a QT creator (any form, or even create a new one), the application hangs for 10-20 seconds (during this time, it occasionally consumes all CPU), then throws a runtime error. The interesting thing - it started suddenly. Everything was just working fine on the same machine just the day before, with the very same configuration. The very same binaries still working fine on other PCs.

I use QT 4.6.2 and creator 1.3.1 under windows XP. Installed binaries from 2010.02.1 SDK.

Tried reinstalling, tried installing creator 1.3.1 separately, deleting all settings. Also tried throwing away all creator plugins, except for designer and it's dependencies, but, as you might have guessed, nothing helped. It seems this Designer suddenly started crashing on start for some reason.

Any ideas, perhaps? I guess I'll have to get the source, make a debug build and start debugging. Or is there something I am missing?

dimm0n
28th March 2010, 16:55
If anyone encounters such a problem... well... There was a directory C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.designer, which contained 'gradients.xml' file. For some reason, its size was 128MB, and Qt designer crashed while trying to open it. I have no idea how it was created in the first place: perhaps, a bug with the gradient editor, or something...

yycking
12th April 2010, 07:40
when I open Qt designer.
It always tell me runtime error after 1 minutes.

I read your post and delete folder .designer
Now ,I can running Qt designer.
THX:)