PDA

View Full Version : I can't watch anytning in my screen

maider
24th March 2010, 14:21
Good morning,

I'm trying to work with QPhonon. I've download the example video widget and as my computer is working into Windows, I've download and installed DirectX. Despite of have been given those steps I'm not capable of watching anything in my widget when I load a video. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

aamer4yu
24th March 2010, 14:30
Is dll for phonon being created ? Did you compile Qt from source, or did you install SDK ?
Also did you install Platform SDK ? because that is also needed for builing phonon on windows...

maider
24th March 2010, 14:36
what do you mean when you speak about SDK? And what is what i need to compile when you told me dll for phonon?

thanks

maider
25th March 2010, 08:35
Hey !

I have get listening a music with phono but i still am not capable of watching the video. Do you know why? i don't know what i am doing wrong!

thanks in advance

squidge
25th March 2010, 08:41
Maybe you don't have the appropriate codecs?

maider
25th March 2010, 08:47
i have download from this page, http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/phonon-overview.html#linux, what it advices to do but i don't know what more I have to insert as libraries to be able to reproduce a video.

which codec are you talking about?

aamer4yu
25th March 2010, 09:57
Can you play that video with some other player on your system ?

maider
25th March 2010, 10:05
No I can't! I'm working with a VM with Linux and I can't wacth any video. On the contrary, I can listen songs.

Do you know what i need?

aamer4yu
25th March 2010, 10:14
Do you know what i need?
I guess no :(
may be you can try what fatjuicymole said. You are missing some codec. trying playing different file formats like .avi, .mpeg, mp4 etc and see if you are able to see any one of them.

maider
25th March 2010, 10:19
I have tryed it with mp4, avi, mov but nothing! I can't see any of them!

aamer4yu
25th March 2010, 11:42
Whats the OS you are using ? Windows or Linux ? You said about VM with linux,,, so are u running Qt on linux based VM on a windows pc ?
or other way round ? am not sure of VM on linux,,, havent worked on linux much :(

Also want to know how you installed Qt on the system . And where are you trying to run it from, the actual machine, or the VM ?

maider
25th March 2010, 11:53
1.My OS is windows XP.
2.yes! I'm running QT on Linux based VM on a Windows PC.
3.I've installed QT SDK and I've situated on the VM /home/user.
4. I'm trying to run it from the VM.

maider
26th March 2010, 08:06
I can see installed all the plugings that i need but despite this, i'm not able to watch any bideo. Can anybody who has work with phonon tell me what does he installed, please?I don't know what i'm doing wrong!

Thanks!

aamer4yu
26th March 2010, 08:18
Am not sure, but if I remember right , phonon has issues with mingw...
so I guess it wont work. May be you can have a look at Phonon and MinGW: a story about true Windows love (http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/07/15/phonon-and-mingw-a-story-about-true-windows-love/)