PDA

View Full Version : Is it really a virus?

prakash
10th July 2006, 09:17
Hi all

I am not sure the problem I am facing is related to QT in any way, but I would like to know weather some one has faced the similar problem.

I have a QT4 application and I have created a setup program for it. When I run the set up, Norton Antivirus (No other antivirus software ) reports that it has detected the Trozon.Zlob virus in the setup, so I can't install my application.

To tackle this problem I have reformatted my hard disk but the problem still remains there. Where is the problem, In the Norton Antivirus itself or in the following Dlls-

mingwm10.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Prakash

jacek
10th July 2006, 11:16
I have created a setup program for it.
What tool did you use for this?

Where is the problem, In the Norton Antivirus itself or in the following Dlls-
What does Norton say when you order it to scan these DLLs?

prakash
10th July 2006, 11:33
What tool did you use for this?

**It is a .nsi package. I am sure the problem isn't here.

What does Norton say when you order it to scan these DLLs?

**I haven't tryed this but if Norton reports that it didn't found any problem with the DLLs( i am sure it will) then how will my problem be solved?

jacek
10th July 2006, 12:12
how will my problem be solved?
If that tool, all the files you want to install and your system are clean, then most likely it's a false positive and you should contact Symantec. But first make sure you have the latest virus definitions and that your system is really clean (if you can, boot from CD and scan your system), also try checking your system with another antivirus.