PDA

View Full Version : Nice way to view output from qtestlib?

TMan
26th March 2010, 12:02
I'm currently looking into QTestLib, and was wondering if there's a nice way to view the output from the tests. The Qt docs say that

QTestLib outputs messages that can be interpreted by Visual Studio and KDevelop.
but I don't see how to get these messages into KDevelop in a nice way.

Anyone tried this before? If someone did this with something else than KDevelop (QtCreator maybe?) I'd be happy to hear as well!

wysota
26th March 2010, 20:23
It means that if you double click such a message containing the name of the source file and the line, the IDE will transfer you to this file and line.

TMan
29th March 2010, 11:18
It means that if you double click such a message containing the name of the source file and the line, the IDE will transfer you to this file and line.

I understand it's supposed to work like that, but it doesn't. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but opening the xml result from qtestlib in kdevelop just opens the xml file, there appears to be no link to the source whatsoever.

wysota
29th March 2010, 14:38
It doesn't work on the xml file generated by qtestlib. It works on textual output from running the test application that is displayed in KDevelop's message pane. Exactly the same way it works on compilation messages generated by gcc.