PDA

View Full Version : What's TT got up its sleeves?

rh
20th January 2006, 23:39
I'm curious to know if anyone has any information or rumour about what TT has in the pipeline (like Qt 5 and beyond).

I see Java bindings are coming, any speculation about Mono later on down the line?

I've searched extensively and greedily lap up any bits of information i can find, but all i've basically come up with is that they're working really hard on 4.x and otherwise playing their cards close to the vest.

If i could have one wish fulfilled it would be for TT to develop their own x-platform top-of-the-line (and free) IDE. They already have a brillliant forms designer, and they used to have a basic editor, so they're at least a quarter if not half the way there.

MS hypes future features way in advance, and it works very well to keep developers excited about a product whether or not things turn out as advertised. I personally wish TT would kick their marketing machine into overdrive and generate more excitement in the Qt community.

ucntcme
13th March 2006, 11:38
no rumor but a wish. ;) I'd hope they do more work on the non-GUI parts to make daemon/server/backend type projects easier in QT. Maybe some good IMAP/SMTP/POP3/MIME/LDAP client libraries?

Sure I can find all manner of various and sundry libs to do that but I'd rather have a nice TT Qt-integrated set of cross platform libraries for that.

Oh, and UNIX domain sockets as an addition to the TcpServer and UdpServer would be very :cool:

dublet
13th March 2006, 11:49
I wish they would make it possible to multiple inherit from QObject.

mhoover
21st March 2006, 03:18
I wish they would fix the QPalette bug that I see so many people posting about.

Integrating a Qt4 QCanvas and making QSound native are also high priorities for me.

mhoover
3rd May 2006, 01:55
Later: Thanks to Justin Noel (Glitch) for helping me figure out that QPalette "bug". I just needed to call setAutoFillBackground( TRUE ).

BTW Justin is an awesome Qt teacher.