PDA

View Full Version : Regarding KeyPad Handling

mahe2310
13th July 2006, 11:34
Hello All,

I am trying to use Qtopia for my embedded platform having a KeyPad similar to a Mobile Device.

As on all Mobile keypads, Ths Same Key "1" matches to "1", "@", "." , ",","?" and the same key '2' matches to '2',, 'A', 'B', C', 'a', 'b','c' and so on...........
When text is entered on a Text accepting "LineEdit" .

Is there a Possibility that I can modify the Qt Source to map a single key to different values and use them when pressed multiple times?

Is there a way I can differentaite Number Accepting LineEdit and Text Accepting LineEdit???

Hope I am clear...

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Mahe

lpotter
17th July 2006, 03:42
Hello All,

I am trying to use Qtopia for my embedded platform having a KeyPad similar to a Mobile Device.

As on all Mobile keypads, Ths Same Key "1" matches to "1", "@", "." , ",","?" and the same key '2' matches to '2',, 'A', 'B', C', 'a', 'b','c' and so on...........
When text is entered on a Text accepting "LineEdit" .

Is there a Possibility that I can modify the Qt Source to map a single key to different values and use them when pressed multiple times?

Is there a way I can differentaite Number Accepting LineEdit and Text Accepting LineEdit???

Hope I am clear...

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Mahe

If you mean Qtopia Core 4, you could probably write a keyboard plugin to do something this.

mahe2310
17th July 2006, 09:03
Hi,

Currently I am evaluating Qt3 but plan to migrate to Qt4.

If u mean Qtopia Core 4, you could probably write a keyboard plugin to do something this.

Can you please tell me how to write a keyboard plugin to achieve the same ( with an example if Poss:) )

Thanks and Regards,
Mahe