PDA

View Full Version : QtUiTools

drkbkr
13th July 2006, 15:28
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the QtUiTools module and am getting errors while compiling. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The command that has an error:

g++ -o ui_test .obj/testing.o -L/usr/lib -L/build/buildd/qt4-x11-4.1.2/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lQtUiTools -lQtXml -lQtGui -laudio -lXt -lpng -lSM -lICE -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXinerama -lfreetype -lXext -lX11 -lQtCore -lfontconfig -lz -lm -ldl -lpthread

And the error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtUiTools

Thanks in advance for any help.

Derek

jacek
13th July 2006, 15:45
-L/build/buildd/qt4-x11-4.1.2/lib
Is this a correct path?

drkbkr
13th July 2006, 16:05
I was just looking at that, and no, that does not exist.

Now I'm not even sure that I have the library installed. In /usr/lib I find all the other Qt libraries, libQtCore, libQtGui, libQtNetwork, etc., but no libQtUiTools. Am I missing it?

The way I installed Qt was using the Synaptic package manager (on an Ubuntu system).

And a search of my system (sudo find / -mount -name libQt*.so) finds no libQtUiTools.so anywhere.

jacek
13th July 2006, 16:08
but no libQtUiTools. Am I missing it?
It seems that QtUiTools exist only as a static library, so you might have to install some additional package.

drkbkr
13th July 2006, 16:29
Yes.

If you download and install from trolltech's site, you get a .a file in the lib directory. For whatever reason, if you install using a package manager, you don't get it. So I copied the .a file from a machine I did a manual install on, and I'm all good.

Someday when I have time I'll just do the real install from trolltech's site.

Thanks for your help.

Derek