PDA

View Full Version : Simple Qt App Distribution - NOT!

jmc
13th April 2010, 03:28
I would like a simple way to distribute a QT Windows application to a few friends for evaluation. I was hoping to put the .EXE file in a directory with the necessary .DLLs and plugins and then launch the application from the folder.

I can construct such a folder on my development computer and it all works. I copy the folder to another computer and it crashes before I even get the splash screen! I get the option to start the debugger (Visual Studio), so I do and get told:

QTGUI4.DLL 0xC0000005 Access Violation

I check the stack and see that its at: 0x651B591A within QTGUI4.DLL.

I go to a different computer and get the same result.

I have been fighting with this all day trying different tricks to make sure the plug-ins and DLLs are all there; even explicitly calling QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath( ). No Luck.

What am I missing?

Respectfully,
John M. Cooney

jmc
13th April 2010, 22:45
Hello All,

I have confirmed that the problem is that neither .JPG and .GIF files are not getting loaded on the other computer. This is the start of a cascading sequence of events that ends up in a Segmentation Fault. I will clean up the code to be more graceful about the failure to load an image, but still don't understand why the image does not load in the first place. I confirmed that the file is there with an explicit QFile.exists() call.

Any suggestions on how to figure out why
pixmap = new QPixmap( filePath ) ;
just fails?

jmc
14th April 2010, 00:54
All fixed - a combination of issues including not getting the plug-ins in the correct directory.