PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible? to enlarge the whole app

dave
20th April 2010, 16:25
I'm writing a small in house program which will be used mainly by geriatrics. I'm wondering if it is possible, like in WPF, to enlarge the whole app, so it will go easy on their eyes. If not, maybe at least the text (in menus, toolbars, push buttons, and the likes). (The OS is already set up at the largest settings, but apparently it is not large enough).

Thanks
Dave

wysota
20th April 2010, 16:34
If you implement your application in Graphics View then it is easy. If not then you have to implement a style for your application that will return proper sizes here and there. QApplication::globalStrut can also be helpful.

dave
20th April 2010, 16:59
If you implement your application in Graphics View then it is easy.

But then I'll not be able to use Qt buit-in classes like QMainWindow, QMenu & the like, will I ?

Lykurg
20th April 2010, 17:06
You can: see QGraphicsScene::addWidget(). Of course you shouldn't include your main window as a whole. But isn't it easier to use the os screen zoom if something is really too small?

wysota
20th April 2010, 17:06
It depends. You won't be able to use QMainWindow as a top-level window, only embedded into graphics view. I'd start with globalStrut and changing the font size (QApplication::setFont)

dave
20th April 2010, 17:16
It depends. You won't be able to use QMainWindow as a top-level window, only embedded into graphics view. I'd start with globalStrut and changing the font size (QApplication::setFont)

Yes, that seems like a better approach. Thanks!