PDA

View Full Version : Phonon Music Player example A required codec is missing need to install html/text

mario-huizar
27th April 2010, 01:29
Hello all,

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with QT 4.6.2 and I am trying to run the Phonon Music player example. I built the example but when I try to load a music file *.ogg or *.mp3 I got some error like:
A required codec is missing. You need to install the following codec(s) to play this content: text/html
in the case of *.ogg
and Fatal Error Disconnected: OK in the case of *.mp3
Everytime that I start the program it appears also this message:
Starting /home/mario/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/examples/phonon/qmusicplayer/qmusicplayer...

** (<unknown>:9879): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed
I already installed the library libgstreamer and also the html2text deb packet....
Any hints?

yesyes
27th April 2010, 08:26
Hi,

I am experiencing the similar problem right now, although I do not get any "A required codec is missing" errors.

I notice already these things:
* The same example in Ubuntu packages (QT 4.5.3) works ok
* You can trace Phonon and Gstreamer by setting environment variables like this:

PHONON_GST_DEBUG=3 GST_DEBUG=3 ./qmusicplayer

Unfortunately the Phonon in 4.5.3 package does not have tracing enabled, so the comparison against that is not possible.

* Gstreamer pipeline works, when started from command line

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/path/to/file.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! osssink