PDA

View Full Version : database drivers - installation

banita
28th April 2010, 21:19
I use qt with visual studio 2008(Qt VS addin).

I open qt project for postgresql drivers, build it (debug and release) and all works fine.
in c:\Qt\4.6.2\plugins\sqldrivers\ I have new librarys and my qt application work fine with postgres.
Now I try build firebird drivers. open project and build it (debug and release). In c:\Qt\4.6.2\plugins\sqldrivers\ I have new librarys but Qt dont see this driver. When I list availabale drivers I dont have QIBASE.

Is there any chance to make visible this driver?

sory for me poor english.

borisbn
29th April 2010, 05:55
Did you add INCLUDE and LIB paths of Interbase SDK to your plugin project ?

faldzip
29th April 2010, 09:38
all libraries required by plugins have to be visible for your application. With postgresql plugin on test machine (without Qt and Postgres installed) I check this in following way:
Copy your plugin dll to the same directory as your application exacutable then run dependency walker and check is this plugin in your exec dir can see all required libraries. If not, then add them to PATH or copy them to your app dir. When your application wants to load a plugin it has to have access to required dlls. Putting them to plugins directory has no meaning if this directory is not in your PATH environment variable.

banita
29th April 2010, 16:16
my compiled plugins are in c:\Qt\4.6.2\plugins\sqldrivers\ (postgresql, sqlite, firebird, odbc - debug and release version)
when I list all avaliable plugins I get sqlite, odbc and postgresql.
I can connect with postgresql without any problems. I dont need copy any ddl into my application folder.
I need to know how can I use firebird plugin in same case like postgresql.

Lesiok
29th April 2010, 18:26
Probably directory with Postgresql DLLs is in Yours PATH and Interbase no. So correct PATH.

banita
29th April 2010, 20:26
Yes! Lesiok thanks man!