PDA

View Full Version : [disable unicode]

tri407tiny
3rd May 2010, 02:39
i get

error: cannot convert 'const char*' to 'const WCHAR*' for argument '2' to 'HWND__* FindWindowW(const WCHAR*, const WCHAR*)'

ive coem to the point of knowing from my past C++ experince Disablign UNICODE will fix this, thing is i dotn knwo how to diable UNICODE in Qt o.O

squidge
3rd May 2010, 08:53
I don't know about disabling Unicode but you could just use the non-unicode version FindWindowA

ChrisW67
5th May 2010, 00:18
i get
error: cannot convert 'const char*' to 'const WCHAR*' for argument '2' to 'HWND__* FindWindowW(const WCHAR*, const WCHAR*)'

Since you don't show us what you were doing to get this response from your compiler its difficult to help. You are calling a function with parameters of the wrong type, and this possibly has nothing to do with Qt. Perhaps you should focus on addressing this by asking a more targeted question.

ive coem to the point of knowing from my past C++ experince Disablign UNICODE will fix this, thing is i dotn knwo how to diable UNICODE in Qt o.O
Unicode is fairly well entrenched in Qt but it may be possible to rebuild it without Unicode using appropriate configure options. This is almost certainly not the best solution to your problem.

wysota
5th May 2010, 02:20
Please correct your spelling mistakes before you send a post. It's not that much work for you and in exchange you will get a clean response from a non-annoyed person. I think that's worth the effort.