PDA

View Full Version : Can't create project in Visual Studio 2008 After Qt Upgrade

Tamerz
4th May 2010, 22:21
I previously had 4.6.0 installed and working fine with the VS add-on. I installed 4.6.2 and changed my environment variables, then removed 4.6.0. Now when I try to create a new project I get this:

Unable to find a Qt build!
To solve this problem specify a Qt build

If I go to the Qt menu -> Qt Options, It shows the correct version and path of 4.6.2 and C:\Qt\4.6.2

I even tried completely uninstalling Qt and the Qt add on for Visual Studio, then reinstalling. Still get this message.

Tamerz

squidge
4th May 2010, 22:54
It's in your project options. Change the configuration there (in the solution window)

Tamerz
4th May 2010, 23:07
It's in your project options. Change the configuration there (in the solution window)

I must be missing something. I am not seeing that option anywhere. Where should I be looking? In the "New Project" dialog built into VS, or the Qt one that pops up after? Ether way I am not seeing it.

Tames

squidge
5th May 2010, 08:09
Alternatively, open the vcproj file, and near the end will be:

Name="QtVersion Win32"
Value="4.6.0"

Change this to match your configuration.

Tamerz
5th May 2010, 17:37
I was able to fix this. For anyone else having the issue, I had to open up the registry editor and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech

In there I made sure to replace all occurrences of 4.6.0 with 4.6.2. It appears that uninstalling Qt does not remove these old values, and installing 4.6.2 does not replace them.