PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Qt Application

girishgowda
11th May 2010, 10:17
Hello,

I am working on Qt for Symbian.
I would like to know if we can create multiple Qt Application i.e more than one Qt Application is active at the same time.

Is this possible in Qt. If so please give some inputs.

I read that there should be only one instance of QApplication in an application - I understand this means one instance per thread which launches the Application. Please clarify...

-Girish

aamer4yu
11th May 2010, 10:31
An application is an application and basically an executable file.
And like you can have more than one notepad.exe running same time, I dont see any hasle in having multiple applications running...unless low memory.

girishgowda
11th May 2010, 10:47
Thank you for this pointer...
Could you please elaborate the possible low memory situation here?

In my case the first Qt application is able to be launched successfully, for the second application does not execute to the main also...does this mean the memory required for launching the second application (loading the Qt libraries and other setup) is not sufficient?

In Qt would the required libraries be loaded for each application that needs it?

aamer4yu
11th May 2010, 10:49
Can you run both application spearately, one at a time ?
On the low memory end, mobile phones are not powerful computers. They have limited resources( processor, memory, etc). Hence if the resources are occupied by one application, the other may not be able to load / run.

girishgowda
11th May 2010, 11:03
Yes, I am able to run the applications separately.
Yes I understand about this constraint for the low memory and processing.

I would like to know the impact of Qt application libraries on memory consumption -
ex I am including QtGui, QtCore and some libraries in these two applications - I think that the libraries would be shared and the data portion only would be created for these two applications...is this not correct?