PDA

View Full Version : QCA based application deployment problem

npclaudiu
11th May 2010, 11:15
I have a Qt/C++ application that uses Qt Cryptographic Architecture library for SSL/TLS. I successfully compiled both QCA and QCA-OSSL libraries. The application works fine on my development machine, but when deployed on another machine, QCA fails to load qca-ssl plugin.

I have created a configuration file with the name qt.conf in the same directory as the executables and set the Plugins entry to a directory named plugins, and copied qca-ossl module in this directory. When running the application, QCA fails to load qca-ossl module. I have also tried to copy qca-ossl in the executables directory and in ./plugins/crypto, and it still fails to load it.

The application only needs QtCore4 and QtNetwork4 modules from Qt framework. In the executables directory I have the following files: application.exe, ssleay32.dll, libeay32.dll, QtCore4.dll, QtNetwork4.dll, qca2.dll, qt.conf and plugins/qca-ossl.dll.

I only need to deploy the application on Windows.

My problem is that I don't know how to configure Qt and QCA to load the qca-ossl.dll module, so if anyone has an idea of how to configure it properly, please share it.

npclaudiu
14th May 2010, 10:10
It seems that it was a compilation problem. The module qca-ossl tried to link to -lqca and, when compiled, qca produced a module named qca2. Anyway, I recompiled all modules from scratch and managed to get them working.