PDA

View Full Version : Compiling QT Creator 1.3.1 with mingw to enable using Custom Widget plugin

Frej
12th May 2010, 13:58
Hi Im trying to get the custom widget plugin working for the integrated form editor in creator. As many people before me I noticed that the plugin won't load because of "Incompatible library Expected Windows msvc release full config, got Windows mingw release full config". The plugin however loads successfully in Designer. This implies that Creator has been built with msvc and not mingw that my plugin is. Im therefore trying to build Creator with mingw instead. So i downloaded the source code for Creator 1.3.1. I then tried to compile that qtcreator.pro in my existing Creator which by default is using mingw. However when it tries to execute mingw32-make on the generated Makefile it returns the error.

*** multiple target patterns. Stop.

mingw32-make[4]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/src/libs/qtconcurrent'
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/src/libs/qtconcurrent'
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/src/libs/qtconcurrent'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/src/libs'
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/src'
mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src'
Makefile.Debug:70: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.
mingw32-make[3]: *** [debug-clean] Error 2
mingw32-make[2]: *** [sub-qtconcurrent-clean-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-libs-clean-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [sub-src-clean-ordered] Error 2

By reading on other forums I found:

"This is a common error when the environment variables LIB and INCLUDE are set to some msvc specific paths - since Qt 4.3.0 qmake uses those paths. MSVC6 did this, MSVC 7 and above are smarter (ok, just a little bit, but smart enough that this error does not occour).
Just set the both env vars to empty and rerun qmake."

so i set include =; and lib =; But and try to rebuild but it doesn´t help. So i don't think thats the issue. Do any body have any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

Topic
28th June 2010, 20:59
Hi,

I had the same problem. I solved it by copying the folder "C:/Documents and Settings/frejh/Mina dokument/Downloads/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/qt-creator-1.3.1-src/" to "c:/QtCreator"