PDA

View Full Version : Qt multimedia on Linux (pulseaudio)

janK
13th May 2010, 12:33
Hello

Anyone positive experiences with Qt multimedia on Linux? In my case (fedora-12, both 32 and 64) the
most simple examples fail, while the same time they work perfectly under mingw/msys (vista and W7).

I do get alsa related crashes.
best
jan

mark465
14th May 2010, 20:17
Hi Jan, I have had some success using Phonon with PyQt 4.6, Qt 4.5.2, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit. No crashes so far playing OGG files.

janK
15th May 2010, 14:07
Thanx

My application uses the low level Qt multimedia, i.e. th soundcard. I do read a stream of samples, do some processing then (filtering, spectrum etc). I have the application using portaudio, which gives problems on Linux (interfacing to alsa). Under windows it works fine.
Recently someone suggested he use of the low level features of Qt multimedia (i.e. audiodevice ...), There are some elementary examples such as
getting a devicelist, which I started with.
Again, under windows (both vista and w7) it works fine, under Linux (fedora 12 both 32 and 64 bits) it seems to be impossible for me) to
run the elementary examples (audiodeviceinfo examples) , since they result in a crash apparantly in alsa (using the latest version).

so, one could say, I am in need of help

best
jan

janK
15th May 2010, 20:52
Thanx

My application uses the low level Qt multimedia, i.e. th soundcard. I do read a stream of samples, do some processing then (filtering, spectrum etc). I have the application using portaudio, which gives problems on Linux (interfacing to alsa). Under windows it works fine.
Recently someone suggested he use of the low level features of Qt multimedia (i.e. audiodevice ...), There are some elementary examples such as
getting a devicelist, which I started with.
Again, under windows (both vista and w7) it works fine, under Linux (fedora 12 both 32 and 64 bits) it seems to be impossible for me) to
run the elementary examples (audiodeviceinfo examples) , since they result in a crash apparantly in alsa (using the latest version).

so, one could say, I am in need of help

best
jan

To be more specific: on opening the default input device, a crash occurs in alsa.