PDA

View Full Version : Custom Container widget plugin help needed

JohnKustrin
13th May 2010, 18:39
I have a custom container class. Basically its a Qframe within a QFrame. The first Qframe has three child widgets. The left side of the widget is a handle that supports click and drag. The bottom is a widget that contains min, max and close buttons. These have css custom graphics. So now we get to the problem, the rest of the widget is another QFrame that we want the child widgets to go into.

I think the problem is that with the current Qwidget plugin example setup designer puts child widgets in the outer QFrame not the internal one. One problem with this that it already contains a layout hence none of the valid Designer layout toolbar options are available ( set, break, ..). My question would be how would i be able to have designer only access the internal QFrame and the outer is just for show.

high_flyer
14th May 2010, 10:01
I guess it is possible to solve programatically, but I think it would be much simpler if the you would implement the outer frame as border-image with styleshetts, reducing the complexity of the widget dramatically.
Is that an option for you?

If not, you might want to have a look at QObject::childEvent () and maybe override it for the outer QFrame.