PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Why is Qt Creator 2.0.0-beta creating executables in a different folder?

EB
19th May 2010, 17:04
I'm using Qt 4.7.0-beta1 and Qt Creator 2.0.0-beta under Linux and I noticed that Qt Creator is now creating executables in a totally new folder. For example, if I'm working with Qt Creator on a project located in "/qt/myprogram" then Qt Creator will create the new "myprogram" executable under "/qt/myprogram-build-desktop". I don't like this new feature and I just want the executable to be created under "qt/myprogram", like it used to do in the past.

Any ideas on how to override this new behavior?

Thanks!

wysota
19th May 2010, 17:49
To be honest I don't experience such behaviours.

EB
19th May 2010, 19:40
I was able to determine that running Qt Creator creates a "myprogram.pro.user" file that includes a line like the following one:

<value key="Qt4ProjectManager.Qt4BuildConfiguration.BuildDirec tory" type="QString">/qt/myprogram-build-desktop</value>

So, this is what's causing my problem, but how do I prevent Qt Creator from automatically putting a different directory in this BuildDirectory entry.

Thanks!

wysota
19th May 2010, 20:12
You need to disable shadow build. It can probably be set in Creator's preferences.

EB
20th May 2010, 13:08
Thanks Wysota, it worked! I disabled the "Shadow Build" feature by unchecking the "Shadow Build" checkbox in Qt Creator and that solved my problem. To find this option you have to first click on the "Project" button located on the left vertical menu inside Qt Creator. The checkbox will then appear.

Thanks!

ktk
21st May 2010, 01:48
Just for the record: This feature ("shadow builds") allows you to build mulitple configurations like Debug, Release, for a phone or the simulator etc. simultaneously and also makes cleaning build artifacts much more robust.