PDA

View Full Version : How to crosscompile form Win7 to Qtopia(linux)??? Please help me get into it

Berun
20th May 2010, 11:04
Hello!

I am not absolutely new to writing programs for embedded systems, but i did
never have to setup an programming environment.

I am running Win7 on my Hostmaschine and i wan´t to create an QT program that runs on the
FriendlyARM Mini2440 with an ARM9 µCtrl and 7" display (Linux 2.6.29 kernel and Qtopia 2.2.0) .

Maybe i have searched wrong but i didn´t find any how to on this subject or i found too much
cause you have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Database/Forum.

My questions are:

1.Which Development-tool shall i use (actually i have QT Creator 1.3.1 installed)

2.How do i configure it so it "makes" code that runs on the mini2440
-> I mean hack code in Win7 and then cross-compile it for the mini2440 (Linux/qtopia)

3.For Example What are the steps to get this simple Code here to work on my mini2440
-----------------------------------------

#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qpushbutton.h>

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
QApplication a( argc, argv );

QPushButton hello( "Hello world!", 0 );
hello.resize( 100, 30 );

a.setMainWidget( &hello );
hello.show();
return a.exec();
}

------------------------------------------

Please help!
I need a base to start from. From there hopefully i will be able to
reverse-engineer the other code but this is my actual bottleneck. In the
tuts for the mini it always says "cross-compile the code" or "make" but never explicit
how.

Kind regards and best wishes from Germany.

Berthold

Aster036
20th May 2010, 12:07
Hi ,

Even I also have not exactly tried crosscompiling Qt from Win7 to FriendlyARM-mini2440 , but you can find the below link which provides som initial steps for you to crosscompiling QtEmbedded

http://www.qtforum.org/article/28362/trouble-running-qt-embedded-app-on-friendlyarm-mini2440.html

Regards,
Aster

Berun
20th May 2010, 12:21
The Link is about cross-compiling from linux to linux. And they don´t even get this running!
It seems to be quiet hard to set an developing environment for the mini 2440.

So i you have any clue or better :) know exactly how it is done PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

Berthold

Aster036
20th May 2010, 12:29
May be one of the solutions to the problem is that you crosscompile first in the Linux platform and from Linux platform to FriendlyArm platform.

So then you have to make use of the your own qmake.conf(or make use of ARM compiler qmake.conf file from C:\Qt\4.6.2\mkspecs\qws\linux-arm-g++ and make necessary changes depending upon your compiler location for the target) changes files for the FriendlyARM compiler

Then it is very much similar to crosscompiling from embedded Linux to ARM. You can find more info in the assistant iteself.

Aster

Berun
20th May 2010, 12:49
Hmm but i dont have any linux platform!(sorry my profile was a little bit misleading. I fixed it) I can try to install Linux on my system via VMWare, but then i am always denpended to this maschine(i think my netbook will be to slow).
There has to be a way to get it from Windows(7) straight down to Qtopia(linux). My problem is i am not familiar with this whole toolchain an make stuff.
In my understanding i need to configure QT creator that it eats my C++ code as normally, digests it with the proper qmake for ARM9/Qtopia2.2 and TADA i have my code ready to run on my Mini 2440.

I want to use the mini to show some data which i will get from its gpio and it adcs. I have i all planed out but i cant get it even started, because i can´t compile even the simplest "HELLO WORLD".

There has to be a way :crying: . I don´t want to install linux on my system so i can setup the compiler from win to linux and then the compiler from linux to qtopia. God knows what errors or problems will show up an that way.

I hope you understand what i mean and you are not offended.

Berthold

kpkale
13th December 2011, 13:43
Dear Berthold

Could you get a solution to your problem of directly cross compiling the files for Qtopia of Friendlyarm from Windows 7?

Please update as I am also facing the same problem.

KpKale