PDA

View Full Version : can't find entrypoint of procedure _Z5qFreepv in DLL-file qtcore4.dll

digidas
21st May 2010, 16:08
Hi all,
i installed sdk 2010.02.1 on my windows xp home machine and after a week of battle i produced a very simple executable.
All beginning is hard. Just a window with a pushbutton that closes the window. :cool:
After starting the executable 'dubbel clicking it' it asked for several DLL's wich i copyed to the 'system32 dir'.
No more asking for DLL's but now it says in dutch: (dutch windows version) 'can't find entrypoint of procedure _ZqFreepv in DLL-file Qtcore4.dll' wich of course i copyed to system32.
Any body any sugestions?

high_flyer
21st May 2010, 16:23
you should not copy the DLLs to system32, rather, set your system environment variables - otherwise, each time you upgrade Qt you will have to copy the DLLs again, and there are good chances you will forget at least some.
This might also solve your problem.

digidas
21st May 2010, 16:41
You mean upgrading?

squidge
21st May 2010, 19:11
Thats what he said.

Secondly, the error you are getting is because different programs require different versions of Qt. Therefore the DLLs must NOT be in system32.

digidas
21st May 2010, 21:04
thank you both for the quick reply.
I thought upgrading would solve the entrypoint problem but now i am not sure that "thats what he said"
I get the DLLs out of system32 and figure out what of qt and or mingw must be in PATH.
Please correct me if i still don't get it.
Next will be how to install my homemade executables on other computers but it's fridaynight here so i am gone.

Thanks again.

squidge
21st May 2010, 23:12
Your path should be set to qt\lib, or you should copy the DLL into the same directory as the executable

ChrisW67
22nd May 2010, 08:44
As others have said, put the relevant Qt bin directory in the PATH for your executable (or put the DLLs in the same directory as the executable). Also make sure that you are using/deploying the DLL files from "/Qt/2010.02.1/qt/bin" (built with the bundled MingW) and not "/Qt/2010.02.1/bin" (built with MSVC to support QtCreator).

Zlatomir
22nd May 2010, 10:52
If you build with MingW (default Qt SDK) you need at least two dll's from MingW:
mingwm10.dll and libgcc_sdw2-1.dll
(you find this in "mingw\bin" in your Qt installation folder)

And you should add the path (on your developement machine) to MingW dll's, so the final "thing" that you need to add to your "Path" in "Environment Variables" will be something like this:

C:\Qt\2010.02.1\mingw\bin;C:\Qt\2010.02.1\qt\bin

(this depends on your path to Qt, so check and make sure that you don't skip the ; between entries in there)