PDA

View Full Version : Dummy post to test the methods of attaching files to a post in the forums

SteveH
25th May 2010, 10:20
I've seem to be having problems attaching files to my posts and need to setup this dummy thread to run some test methods. If the forum administrators need to move this to another area (or setup a seperate area for forum newbies like me) please feel free to do so.

SteveH

SteveH
25th May 2010, 10:24
ok that didn't work, file reads as corrupted and file name has been altered by adding an extra dot.

Tryining just a single .cpp file

SteveH
25th May 2010, 10:30
well that worked in that the file could be opened ok but the forum system is still adding an extra dot to the file name.

Trying a .zip file again, missing out a step in 'Manage Attatchments'

Zlatomir
25th May 2010, 10:32
Filename has an "extra" dot, but it isn't corrupted...

SteveH
25th May 2010, 10:34
ok, problem seems to be with zip files rather than text files. I'll go and think some more, meanwhile if anyone has any input with this problem I would be very grateful. :confused:

SteveH

SteveH
25th May 2010, 10:40
Hi Zlatomir,

Thanks for your reply, from that it looks like the problem might be at my end if you can open the zip file off the forum. I'll go and check what file associations are set on my computer but I know that double clicking on the file in explorer on my box works.

Thanks SteveH

Zlatomir
25th May 2010, 10:42
There is no problem (except that extra dot)
I have downloaded the first archive (from the first post) and test/extract->build/run with no issue