PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 10.04 and Qt 4.62

fulin
25th May 2010, 12:15
Hi,

I updated my Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 and I found that Qt 4.62 works not so good on the latest Ubuntu.

* The board lines of QGroupBox disappeared. Even though I tried different things in "change style sheet", still I can not get them out.

* QPixmap crashes after having run continuously displaying images for some minutes.

* In the Main Menu\Programming folder only "Qt Creator" left. The other Qt shortcuts have just disappeared.

Dose anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions?

tbscope
25th May 2010, 16:28
Suggestion: look through the Ubuntu bugs to see if it has already been reported. Maybe there's also a solution there.

tsp
25th May 2010, 16:42
* In the Main Menu\Programming folder only "Qt Creator" left. The other Qt shortcuts have just disappeared.

I installed 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 few weeks ago, I made a clean install (i.e. deleted old Ubuntu before installing new one) and then installed Qt 4.6.2 from the repository and at least I have all (Assistant, Designer, Linguist, Creator) items in the menu.

The first Qt Creator start took several minutes and CPU load was 100%, I read from other forums that in the first start some help index files (if I remember correctly) are being created and that is the reason why the CPU load is so high.

I haven't seen any kind of problems with the new Qt version, actually one graphic issue that was present with Ubuntu 9.10 version of Qt is now gone.