PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my project executable file

theios_nikos
4th June 2010, 20:54
Hello everyone,

this is my first post. I am a new Qt user. My first project has just been ready and I would like to ask if I could make it executable in Windows environment. Thanks in advance :)

Zlatomir
4th June 2010, 20:58
What problems do you have?

Do you get errors while compile/build or when execute.

theios_nikos
4th June 2010, 21:01
What problems do you have?

Do you get errors while compile/build or when execute.

I get no errors, I can normally execute it through Qt Creator. I just want to be able to execute my console application in another computer for example. I can't find any .exe files in the project folder though

Zlatomir
4th June 2010, 21:07
ok, got it

You can find the exe in your My Documents\Project_Name\Release or Debug //If you didn't change the path where you saved the project

But there are some things you need to know:
1) You must build the release version if you want to run it on another computer (in QtCreator go to menu Build -> set Build Configuration -> select Release)
2) You will need to "ship" some dll's with your application (if the other PC doesn't have Qt installed, if it does you need to set the environment variables to MingW and Qt)

theios_nikos
4th June 2010, 21:12
ok, got it

You can find the exe in your My Documents\Project_Name\Release or Debug //If you didn't change the path where you saved the project

But there are some things you need to know:
1) You must build the release version if you want to run it on another computer (in QtCreator go to menu Build -> set Build Configuration -> select Release)
2) You will need to "ship" some dll's with your application (if the other PC doesn't have Qt installed, if it does you need to set the environment variables to MingW and Qt)

Nearly done,

I did the first step but when tried to execute the 1st_try.exe (that's how I named me first app) I got the warning: .... missing mingwm10.dll file.... Qt is installed in this computer! Should I keep those dlls in the same folder ? and where are those dll files??

Zlatomir
4th June 2010, 21:20
On your computer you can add the environment variables path for Qt and MingW

Or you can copy the required dll's in the same folder with your application.exe

You need at least two dll's for MingW runtime:
mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
you can find this two in the Qt_install_folder\mingw\bin

and if you used some Qt stuff (maybe you didn't use in console application but you will use with GUI ones) you find those dll's in: Qt_install_folder\qt\bin

theios_nikos
4th June 2010, 21:27
On your computer you can add the environment variables path for Qt and MingW

Or you can copy the required dll's in the same folder with your application.exe

You need at least two dll's for MingW runtime:
mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
you can find this two in the Qt_install_folder\mingw\bin

and if you used some Qt stuff (maybe you didn't use in console application but you will use with GUI ones) you find those dll's in: Qt_install_folder\qt\bin

Ok, i copied the dlls in the same folder, plus the QtCore4.dll (i was asked to) and now I get the warning that: Insert point _ZN16QCoreApplicationC1ErPPc of the procedure cannot be found in the dynamic connection library QtCore4.dll

wysota
4th June 2010, 21:38
You probably copied the wrong QtCore4.dll. You should copy the one from "qt" subfolder of where the SDK is installed. The other one is in a different version and is meant only for running QtCreator.

theios_nikos
4th June 2010, 21:48
Perfect ;););)

It works !!! Thanks for your help !!! :cool: