PDA

View Full Version : QtDesigner Challenging Layout

qtoptus
8th June 2010, 08:05
I could be a total novice in Qt realm. But could someone PLEASE show me how to arrange these controls in a dialog as shown in the attached picture, such that when I resize the dialog, only the YELLOW widget is resized, while the BUTTONS stay in their position and preserve size??? So the yellow widget expands or shrinks from the bottom and right side.

Thanks.

wysota
8th June 2010, 09:02
Set the horizontal size policy of the yellow rectangle to Expanding or MinimumExpanding,

qtoptus
9th June 2010, 02:18
Wow that worked! :D

baluk
7th July 2010, 15:41
Hi,

I am a newbie to QT and am using Qt Creator 1.3.1. I have the same problem that a Qwebview widget doesn't expand along with the mainwidnow. I tried with "expand" Sizepolicy option but no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Baluk

Zlatomir
7th July 2010, 15:48
Do you have the WebView in a layout? Give more detailes (or code a demo that replicates your issue)

baluk
11th July 2010, 07:45
Hi

i got the problem solved after reading about layouts. I made the mistake of not applying layout in a correct way. Before i used to place the layout widget onto mainwindow and then place the other widgets into this layout, Which is very wrong. Thank you for the reply.