PDA

View Full Version : About preperation for Qt Essentials exam

cOdE_rEd
10th June 2010, 17:16
Hi,

I want to pass Qt Essentials exam, but I has found only one free example of questions

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/bm77kA2/Qt-Programming-Knowledge-Part-2

If someone know any other useful resources for preparation this thread for them :-)

jnadelman
10th June 2010, 20:11
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4
By: Jasmin Blanchette; Mark Summerfield

cOdE_rEd
27th June 2010, 11:06
Today I have successfully passed this exam!!!

Now I'm Nokia Certified Qt Developer :-)

It wasn't very hard, but before this exam I have read through this books:
1)"Foundations of Qt Development" By:Johan Thelin - My favourite book. I think that it's the best book about QT.
2)"C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" By: Jasmin Blanchette; Mark Summerfield - not bad, but some part of book is too confused
3)"The Book of Qt 4 the Art of building QT applications" By: Daniel Molkentin - very interesting book, but many parts has become outdated

!!! BUT I DIDN'T FIND ANY PLACE TO WRITE QTCERT03 TO TAKE PART IN THE DRAW FOR AN N97 mini !!!

Is there anybody who find that place?

cOdE_rEd
27th June 2010, 11:29
I can't find any info about number of my right answers :-(

After exam they have given me a one paper with my result but there wasn't number of my right answers.

When I have passed Oracle exam there was a number of right answers percent and this info
is very useful and interesting. And there was also info about wrong answers.

It's could by very useful if Nokia will print this info too.

Zlatomir
27th June 2010, 11:45
Congratulations for the certification!

I apologize for <a little> off-topic.
But a have a question: does the exam contains only Qt questions or c++ too? //because the c++ knowledge (especially OOP) is "a must have" for a Qt developer.

LE: Hope the questions are a "little" more complicated then the ones form the quiz you posted, are they? Because my quiz score is 10 form 10, they say i'm ready, but i don't think so ;)

cOdE_rEd
27th June 2010, 16:14
Thanks!!! :-)

As you know QT is base on c++, but there wasn't any questions about "pure" c++.

If you can answere to questions from the link in my first post you can pass this exam without any problems :-)

But I strongly recomend you to read the books from my second post. You don't have to read all chapters from them.
Only chapters about topics that recomendet by Nokia cert program

The questions wasn't very hard if you have a good base knowledge of QT and some practical experience.

Zlatomir
27th June 2010, 17:44
For me it looks strange that there are not c++ questions, but they have a reason, Qt isn't just for c++, it has bindings for other languages

Even if i don't have in plan to get certified in the "near" future (nice to know that the questions are not that "hard"), thanks for books recommendations, i'm currently reading "Foundations of Qt Development" By:Johan Thelin, it's indeed an excellent book (we don't have a "thumbs up" smiley, just kidding ;) )

Congratulations ;) and again sorry for off-topic

prateekbh
20th January 2011, 07:04
I am also planning for Qt Certification,I had 2 years of Exp. on Qt(4.3.2) and i just want to know what type of Questions are there in exam.
I am having the Book - "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" By: Jasmin Blanchette and Mark Summerfield , Is that book covers all Qt Certification related topics.
Next month I am planning for the exam.