PDA

View Full Version : Can a QDialog be made to pop out sideways on Maemo ?

ahmadka
11th June 2010, 23:38
I have a question for the gurus out here ... I want to have a QDialog pop out into the screen when show() is executed, but not in the normal down --> up manner .. Instead, I would like to have a vertical-like QDialog pop into the screen from sideways ...

This picture shows what I mean:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/42/p1x.png

The bottom center arrow with a cross on it depicts the normal bottom --> up poping method .. how can I instead have vertical QDialogs that pop into view from either the left or right side of the screen ? Is this possible ?

I've been told that I may need to sub-class QDialog and reimplement show() using QPropertyAnimation .. are there any code examples for doing this ?

wysota
11th June 2010, 23:47
I think dialogs only pop up from the bottom edge of the screen on Maemo. It's a platform convention unrelated to Qt. If you want your dialog to remain a dialog, you won't be able to change it. Otherwise you might just place a widget on the "main" one (passing it as a parent) and slide it from the edge using an animation. But it will probably look and behave odd (no borders, no blurring the background, no cancelling upon tapping outside the dialog, etc.).