PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Debugger Helper compiles and is auto detected but does not get loaded

sidharth_k
15th June 2010, 14:50
Hello Folks,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and Qt creator1.3.1. I am unable to get my debugging helper library loaded when I try to debug my application. My application is an external makefile driven application.

in Tools > Options > Qt4 > Qt Versions my Qt is successfully auto detected and the Debugging Helper has a green check mark.

However, if I want to rebuild it, it gets successfully rebuilt (See log)

DQT_SHARED -I../mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../../include/qt4/QtCore -I../../../include/qt4/QtGui -I../../../include/qt4 -I. -o gdbmacros.o gdbmacros.cpp
rm -f libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so libgdbmacros.so.1 libgdbmacros.so.1.0
g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libgdbmacros.so.1 -o libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 gdbmacros.o -L/usr/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so
ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so.1
ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so.1.0

However, I am still not able to run my application (an external application) with the debug helper library loading. I keep getting the following message (when I click Show Details button)

"The debugging helper library was not found at ."

I'm really struggling to get this to work and am stuck.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sidharth

ansmehta
17th August 2010, 05:19
@siddharth

Did you get this working ? Even i'm not able to do this. I get green check mark in front of qt debugging helper but i'm not able to use it with external application. I'm able to use is it with an application which is build in qtcreator

sidharth_k
17th August 2010, 20:41
@siddharth

Did you get this working ? Even i'm not able to do this. I get green check mark in front of qt debugging helper but i'm not able to use it with external application. I'm able to use is it with an application which is build in qtcreator

Sorry! Couldn't figure it out... just don't know what I'm doing wrong!

ktk
18th August 2010, 19:33
If you used Qt Creator 2.0 and a python-enabled gdb the python based debugging helpers would be used which make a few of the related pitfalls magically disappear. In any case, the best tool to debug the debugger setup is the communication log (right pane of Debug->Views->Debugger, or Windows->Views->Debugger in 2.0)