PDA

View Full Version : Migrating from Visual Studio to Qt Creator

cass
15th June 2010, 21:43
Hi

I have a modified version of the OGRE library that I would like to use in a QT project. However this OGRE library was previously compiled using Visual Studio Express 2008 and my QT project was build with the QT Creator using the MinGW compiler that came with it. Obviously I need to migrate my OGRE project to QT by recompiling it using the same compiler.

With OGRE comes a CMake setup that supports MinGW however I get lots of errors when I try to "configure" OGRE with it. I think it cannot find the MinGW compiler.

Are there any special environment variables that I should set or something that I should do to make it possible to compile non-QT projects with QT Creator (MinGW)?

Or should I download and install the MinGW compiler separately from QT and configure the QT Creator to use that instead of the one that comes with QT? I do not want to break my QT installation.

ChrisW67
16th June 2010, 04:02
If you have the Qt SDK and its bundled MingW environment then you should find a "Qt Command Prompt" option in your Windows start menu. This sets the environment to find and build with MingW. Alternately, the \Qt\2010.02.1\bin\qtenv.bat file will do the equivalent. Both approaches leave you with a minimal PATH and environment that you might/will need to add to.

You could also build a copy of Qt and your project with the MSVC compilers to align with OGRE.

cass
25th June 2010, 09:13
Thank you. It worked! OGRE runs fine now inside QT however the 3rd party plugins OGRE uses are not happy with Mingw. :( I think I will try your second suggestion.