PDA

View Full Version : Commnication between two seprate application running on same machine through D-Bus.

savaliya_ambani
16th June 2010, 08:24
hi all,

I want to use the d-bus on my qt application and the other application which is connected in the network. My both applications namely QT and SERVER application will run on PIC32 Controllers. I have studied about the D-Bus and get the idea about the client-server model.And istalled the D-bus library.

My design idea is that,on certain evernts on LCD ,qt will send events to the server and when server wants to dislay some messages on LCD than it will send the message string through the d-bus. But,This is just my asumption. I dont know if this is possible and how?

Can any one please guide me about this.?
what should i do to send or recv some messages to the QT application ,which will display this messages on LCD?
How can be this done?

Expecting a reply .Thanks.

savaliya_ambani
17th June 2010, 11:43
hello,

I am going ahead with the QT d-bus protocol. I need to check it the prelimanary requirements.
I have checked and read some tutorials and now i have one doubt.My qt application will be a client and another application will be a
server.

Now, in this case qt appln will demand a service a from the server,which is entirely written in "C" Language. server will have to
register its services and objects. Now as i told u it is written in "C",how can i register the service and objects? I dont have any class to register
and any object.

how can this be possible.pease guide me.
thanks to all.

savaliya_ambani
18th June 2010, 12:14
helllow,all

no body is replying?pls reply me freinds.i am stucked into my work.

savaliya_ambani
23rd June 2010, 11:32
ohhhhhhh too long.

Finally,no body is capable of guiding and solving the issue like this.very bad.

Any way thnks to the suporters.

mukesh_arm
24th June 2010, 06:40
Build server application as a qt application.Is should work.

savaliya_ambani
25th June 2010, 06:17
Thanks for that.Thats right.

But i dont want that. I want communication between qt and nonqt application.I dont want to make server application a qt application.
please guide me on this.

arrabyte
30th June 2010, 10:43
Hi, I'm just a beginner with Qt but maybe you could write a qt library for the "C" server. The Qt library should handle the communication with d-bus.

savaliya_ambani
1st July 2010, 11:20
No need to make a qt library. I have done this. And my remote application can call the qt cunftion. Remote application is a client and is written using glib and dbus.

Any way thanks.