PDA

View Full Version : Program selling under LGPL

vrsek
16th June 2010, 13:20
Hello,
I have a question about licence conditions LGPL version Qt Creator IDE. I have created program in Qt Creator IDE which I would like to sell. From web sites Qt. I am aware of libraries have to be dynamically linked and that changes have to be published in Qt source code. But the program source code alone hasn´t be published, am I right? Are there any other conditions for program being sold in order?

Lykurg
16th June 2010, 15:26
You don't have to publish your application source code. For other conditions see the license;) Also here at the forum you will find hundreds of other threads concerning this topic. There is nothing to say which wasn't said in the other threads.

squidge
16th June 2010, 18:44
To ensure you comply with the license you really only have one option: Contact a lawyer. They will tell you exactly what you need to do and what you don't need to do. It's that simple.

The advice you receive on this forum is not legally binding and may be wrong. Don't depend on it.

vrsek
17th June 2010, 08:31
Thank you for answer,
I'm sorry for my english.. so, to read LGPL licence isn't helpful for me, because it's so many words and sentences which I don't understand. Automatic translator isn't solution.
I know that a best way is contact the lawyer, but it's money... First I have to earn money.
I had in mind conditions headly like: Have I to say somewhere in the program 'It was in Qt developed' or Have I to give somewhere TXT file with LGPL licence??
I don't think so it's complicated. Some conditions are clear
1) Dynamic linked library
2) Public changes in Qt source code
3) ?

Lykurg, I don't know why I'm yesterday found nothing... Maybe wrong keywords for search... I'm yet reading other posts...