PDA

View Full Version : Which version should I work on i686 host for arm target?

sliawati
28th July 2006, 09:27
Dear all,

I am working with i686 as a host with Linux SUSE 10.1 for a Samsung 24110A (arm920t core) target.

Which version should I work on i686 host for arm target?
is it qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz or qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz?

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards,
sliawati

e8johan
29th July 2006, 17:28
The qt-x11-... file requires an X Windows system to be running, while the Qtopia does not. I suppose that you want to avoid running X on your arm system, hence, Qtopia is the one you want.

sliawati
10th August 2006, 07:19
i success install qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz and the demo can run on my linux box.

Now i am trying to install qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz on my linux box.

Linux linux 2.6.16.13-4-default #1 Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
with
arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.1.0
and
./configure -embedded arm -little-endian

But stuck at
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qchar.h:224: error: cannot bind packed field '((QChar*)this)->QChar::ucs' to 'ushort&'

Please help.

best regards,
suryadi

gmake[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.1.4/src/corelib'
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_BUILD_CORE_LIB -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I../../mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I../../include -I../../include/QtCore -Iglobal -I../3rdparty/zlib -I.moc/debug-shared-emb-arm -I. -o .obj/debug-shared-emb-arm/malloc.o arch/arm/malloc.c
arch/arm/malloc.c:4670: warning: 'mSTATs' defined but not used

arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_BUILD_CORE_LIB -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I../../mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I../../include -I../../include/QtCore -Iglobal -I../3rdparty/zlib -I.moc/debug-shared-emb-arm -I. -o .obj/debug-shared-emb-arm/qglobal.o global/qglobal.cpp
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qchar.h: In member function 'ushort & QChar::unicode()':
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qchar.h:224: error: cannot bind packed field '((QChar*)this)->QChar::ucs' to 'ushort&'

sliawati
10th August 2006, 07:34
The qt-x11-... file requires an X Windows system to be running, while the Qtopia does not. I suppose that you want to avoid running X on your arm system, hence, Qtopia is the one you want.

i have read your qt 4.1 tutorial. it helps me a lot to understand how qt works.

if I success creating a simple window with one button Quit with QTdesigner 4 on my linux box, how do I compile it so it can be run on the arm target? I already have arm-linux-gcc 4.1.0 and arm-linux-g++ 4.1.0.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and attention.

best regards,
suryadi

sliawati
11th August 2006, 09:44
i success install qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz and the demo can run on my linux box.

Now i am trying to install qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.1.4.tar.gz on my linux box.

Linux linux 2.6.16.13-4-default #1 Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
with
arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.1.0
and
./configure -embedded arm -little-endian

But stuck at

Please help.

best regards,
suryadi

The answer of this problem is at http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-installation-5/t-cross-compile-the-qtopia-core-4-2456.html