PDA

View Full Version : Qt4.6.3 on Windows CE 6.00 R3

KroMignon
18th June 2010, 10:18
Hi all,
I want to include Qt4 into my Windows CE 6.00 BSP.

To do that, I have generate a custom SDK from my OSDesign and I have compiled Qt (open source version) with this SDK after reading Qt documentation.
The compilation works well, I have generate the DLL and the sample/demo applications.

I have include the DLL into my OSDesing/BSP and put all on my board. Some applications works well, like the raycasting.exe but other, which use text don't display well like flickable.exe. The kinetic functionality works, I can scroll the list, but I can only see the pictures and the text is squeezed (see attached image)

Do I miss something? Must I install Qt fonts ? And how can I do it ?

Thanks for any comment and suggestion

Best Regards

Fabrice

KroMignon
28th June 2010, 13:02
I reply my self.
I found out why the display on text don't work.
The reason is quite simple, if you know where to search it ;-) ==> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee489857.aspx

In short, Windows CE can handle two type of fonts: True Type or Raster.
The bad news is that it can handle only one type of font for an OS Design, so if you include "Raster Font Support" module into the OS Design, this will select the Raster font support and also exclude the True Type Font support !

The only thing I have to do to correct the text display is to exclude "Raster Font Support" from my OS Design and now all works fine :D

Perhaps this could help someone else.

Regards

Fabrice